Helen Borger is undertaking a Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) in Psychology part-time, off-campus
through the University of New England in 2017-2018. She successfully completed a
Graduate Diploma in Psychology through Monash University in April 2016.
Helen is currently working as a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) partner St Vincent de Paul Society where she:
- uses a person-centred approach to assist people with significant and permanent disability to identify their support needs and goals for their NDIS plans, and
- delivers NDIS capacity building presentations to diverse communities to improve NDIS awareness and assist NDIS participants to get the best out of their NDIS plans.
In August 2017, Helen completed a 12-month contract as a project officer in the psycho-oncology
research group at the Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research where she:
- assisted the development and implementation of an e-Health system for cancer patients, and
- conducted semi-structured interviews with prostate cancer patients to understand their decision
to undergo either robotic surgery or radiation therapy.
Editing and writing are also passions. She has crafted content for the following:
- National Safety magazine and the Industry News section
of its companion e-bulletin for Edge on behalf of the NSCA Foundation
- Accord magazine for Spinal Cord Injuries Australia
- Law Society Journal (New South Wales)
- Professional Network magazine for Edge on behalf of the
Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists & Managers Australia
(now known as Professionals Australia)
- Conference newsletter for Edge on behalf of the Australian Water Association
- ProActive ReSolutions
- National Prescribing Service (now known as NPS MedicineWise)
- The Mental Health Services Conference
- Australian Business Limited (now known as Australian Business Consulting and Solutions)
websites: workplaceohs.com.au and workplaceinfo.com.au
- CCH Australia
- other organisations
She also judged the National Safety Awards of Excellence in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012,
and in 2013 contributed to improving the awards so they better reflected the
work health and safety industry.
Her qualifications include:
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Journalism
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Bachelor of Applied Science (occupational therapy)
This page was updated on 2/6/2018.